THE CIVIL ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL ADVISORY COUNCIL
The Civil Engineering Professional Advisory Council (CEPAC) was established at UIC in 2000, and consists of civil engineering faculty members and professional practitioners. The purpose of CEPAC is to enhance undergraduate education at CME through close interactions with the professional civil engineering community. Similar organizations exist in other engineering departments and at other schools. CEPAC members are leaders from the environmental, geotechnical, structures, transportation and water resources fields. They are representatives of private companies and governmental agencies throughout the Chicago region.
The roster of private organizations include:
The public organizations include:
CEPAC Awards Reception
- Behringer, Thomas J., PE, SE* , Senior Vice President – Sargent & Lundy Nuclear Power Technologies
- Bendok, Mark R., PE, SE*, Project Manager, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Benitez, Luis D., PE, SE, Chief Bridge Engineer, Chicago DOT
- Anne Bigane Wilson, P.E., CPC, NAC, President/CEO – Bigane Paving Co.
- Brindley, Thomas M., PE , President – Brindley Engineering Corp.
- Burke, Christopher B., PhD, PE , President/ CEO – Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Davidson, Patricia, PE*, Sr. Civil Engineer, T.Y. Lin International, Inc.
- Evans, Debra P.*, Senior Program Manager – Hospira, Inc.
- Fortmann, John, P.E., Deputy Director of Highways/Region 1 Engineer – IDOT, District 1
- Frangos, Charles, P.E.*, Managing Partner, Orion Engineers, LLC
- Huffman, Matthew *, Project Manager – Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Kochan, Chester F., P.E. *, Vice President – Clark Dietz, Inc.
- Kos, John P., PE, Vice President – Lochner
- Kovacs, Paul D., P.E., Chief Engineering Officer, Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
- Lewis, Jonathan E., S.E., Associate Principal and Unit Manager, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- Mulac, Gregory A.*, Vice President, Preconstruction Manager – Turner Construction Company
- Nelson, Kenneth E., PE*, (Chairman of CEPAC) Chairman Emeritus – Management Consultant
- Podczerwinski, Edward W., PE Director of Monitoring & Research Department, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Quigley, Anthony J., P.E. Region One Engineer, IDOT
- Schuh, Jeffrey C., P.E., President – Patrick Engineering, Inc.
- Sharma, Manju Prakash, PE *, DEE, DWRE, Director of Maintenance & Operations – MWRDGC Maintenance & Operations Dept.
- Sorn, Linda M., PE*, Acting Deputy for Project Management – USACE, Chicago District
- Sutton, Michael, P.E., President – Infrastructure Engineering, Inc.
- Ude, Todd, PhD, PE, SE Engineering Manager – Parsons * received a UIC undergraduate or graduate degree