6 transportation questions with Professor Jane Lin
WalletHub featured Jane Lin, professor of civil, materials, and environmental engineering, on its Ask the Experts panel for the article “2021’s Best & Worst Cities to Drive In.”
Lin was one of six experts asked to share her thoughts on these topics:
- What money-saving tips do you have for drivers, as gas prices have been on an upward trend over the last few months?
- When do you think there will be more self-driving than human-driven cars?
- Considering all potential consequences, do you think that automated vehicles will be a net benefit or net negative for society?
- When evaluating the best cities for drivers, what are the top five indicators?
- What can local authorities do to reduce traffic and improve safety?
- How will the COVID-19 pandemic change traffic levels and the way Americans commute?
Read all her answers at Wallet Hub-Ask the Experts.
Lear more about Lin’s transportation research on the SusTrans Lab website.