Learn about our new High-Bay Structures Laboratory Heading link
Opened in 2019 as part of the new Engineering Innovation Building, UIC’s high-bay structural research lab is the only one of its kind in the Chicago metropolitan area. In addition to supporting faculty and student research, it is available for contract use by companies and agencies that seek to test large-scale structural components, such as sections of roadways and bridges.
Lab index Heading link
CME lab index booklet
This booklet provides brief descriptions of UIC’s civil, materials, and environmental engineering research labs. Here, you can quickly:
- Find out which faculty member oversees each lab
- Learn about each lab’s current research projects
- Identify opportunities for collaboration
Looking for the full website for a particular research lab? Access them via the links below.
CME Labs Heading link
Additional CME Labs Heading link
The following labs have websites under development. Their sites will be added to the grid above as they launch.
- ActiveTransport Laboratory
- Computational Mechanics Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Corrosion Laboratory
- Environmental Biotechnology Laboratory
- Environmental Separations Laboratory
- Geomatics Laboratory
- Geomechanics Laboratory
- High Temperature Laboratory
- Nano Mechanics and Materials Laboratory
- Structural Health Monitoring Laboratory
- Transportation Computational Laboratory
For more information on these labs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.