Professional Advisory Council
intro Heading link
The Civil Engineering Professional Advisory Council, or CEPAC, enhances the undergraduate experience in civil engineering by creating connections for UIC students in the professional community, providing an industry perspective on the curriculum, and participating actively in student projects and activities.
Established in 2000, CEPAC draws its membership from both professional practitioners—many of whom are UIC alumni—and civil engineering faculty members. Its ranks include leaders in the construction, environmental, geotechnical, materials, structures, transportation, and water resources fields and represent private companies and government agencies throughout the Chicago region.
CEPAC Members Heading link
UIC alumni are denoted with an asterisk.
- Behringer, Thomas J.*, PE, SE – Senior Vice President, Sargent & Lundy Nuclear Power Technologies
- Bendok, Mark R.*, PE, SE – Project Manager, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Benitez, Luis D., PE, SE – Chief Bridge Engineer, Chicago DOT
- Brima, Junisa — Deputy Operations Manager/Construction Executive, Turner Construction Company
- Brindley, Thomas M., PE – President, Brindley Engineering Corp.
- Burke, Christopher B., PhD, PE – President/CEO, Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Cebulski, Jarrod*, PE — Transportation Group Leader, Patrick Engineering Inc.
- Davidson, Patricia*, PE – Senior Civil Engineer, T.Y. Lin International, Inc.
- Evans, Debra P.* – Senior Program Manager, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Fortmann, John, PE – Vice President, Transystems
- Frangos, Charles*, PE – Managing Partner, Orion Engineers, LLC
- Huffman, Matthew*, PE – Project Manager, Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Kochan, Chester F.*, PE – Vice President, Clark Dietz, Inc.
- Lahey, Caitlin – Assistant Vice President, F.H. Paschen
- Lewis, Jonathan E., SE – Principal, Unit Manager, and Associate Director of Practice Development, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates
- Nelson, Kenneth E.*, PE – Independent Consultant
- Noack, Brad, PE, SE – Senior Project Manager, Lochner
- Osman, Omer M., PE – Secretary, Illinois Department of Transportation
- Podczerwinski, Edward W., PE – Director of Monitoring and Research Department, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Sorn, Linda M.*, PE – Chief of the Engineering and Construction Division, USACE, Chicago District
- Sutton, Michael, PE — President, Infrastructure Engineering, Inc.
- Ude, Todd, PhD, PE, SE – Engineering Manager, Parsons
CEPAC Organizations Heading link
- Afred Benesch & Company
- Brindley Engineering Corp.
- Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Clark Dietz, Inc.
- Infrastructure Engineering, Inc.
- Orion Engineers, LLC
- F.H. Paschen
- Patrick Engineering Inc.
- Sargent & Lundy Nuclear Power Technologies
- Turner Construction Company
- T.Y. Lin International, Inc.
- Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- Chicago DOT
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- USACE, Chicago District