Professional Advisory Council
The Civil Engineering Professional Advisory Council, or CEPAC, enhances the undergraduate experience in civil engineering by creating connections for UIC students in the professional community, providing an industry perspective on the curriculum, and participating actively in student projects and activities.
Established in 2000, CEPAC draws its membership from both professional practitioners—many of whom are UIC alumni—and civil engineering faculty members. Its ranks include leaders in the environmental, geotechnical, structures, transportation, and water resources fields and represent private companies and government agencies throughout the Chicago region.
UIC alumni are denoted with an asterisk.
- Behringer, Thomas J.*, PE, SE – Senior Vice President, Sargent & Lundy Nuclear Power Technologies
- Bendok, Mark R.*, PE, SE – Project Manager, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Benitez, Luis D., PE, SE – Chief Bridge Engineer, Chicago DOT
- Brindley, Thomas M., PE – President, Brindley Engineering Corp.
- Burke, Christopher B., PhD, PE – President/CEO, Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Cebulski, Jarrod*, PE — Transportation Group Leader, Patrick Engineering Inc.
- Davidson, Patricia*, PE – Senior Civil Engineer, T.Y. Lin International, Inc.
- Evans, Debra P.* – Senior Program Manager, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Fortmann, John, PE – Vice President, Transystems
- Frangos, Charles*, PE – Managing Partner, Orion Engineers, LLC
- Huffman, Matthew*, PE – Project Manager, Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Kochan, Chester F.*, PE – Vice President, Clark Dietz, Inc.
- Kos, John P., PE – Vice President, Lochner
- Kovacs, Paul D., PE – Chief Engineering Officer, Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
- Lewis, Jonathan E., SE – Principal, Unit Manager, and Associate Director of Practice Development, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates
- Mulac, Gregory A.* — Vice President, Project Development, Turner Construction Company
- Nelson, Kenneth E.*, PE – Independent Consultant
- Podczerwinski, Edward W., PE – Director of Monitoring and Research Department, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Quigley, Anthony J., PE – Region One Engineer, IDOT
- Sorn, Linda M.*, PE – Chief of the Engineering and Construction Division, USACE, Chicago District
- Sutton, Michael, PE — President, Infrastructure Engineering, Inc.
- Ude, Todd, PhD, PE, SE – Engineering Manager, Parsons
- Wilson, Anne Bigane, PE, CPC, NAC – President/CEO, Bigane Paving Co.
- Alfred Benesch & Company
- Bigane Paving Co.
- Brindley Engineering Corp.
- Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- Clark Dietz, Inc.
- Hospira, Inc.
- Infrastructure Engineering, Inc.
- Klein and Hoffman
- Kenneth Nelson Management Consulting
- Orion Engineers, LLC
- Patrick Engineering Inc.
- Sargent & Lundy Nuclear Power Technologies
- Spaan Tech
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Turner Construction Company
- T.Y. Lin International, Inc.
- Chicago Department of Transportation
- DuPage County
- Illinois Department of Transportation District 1
- Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: Chicago District
- Will County