Three new faculty members join CME
Three new faculty members are joining the department in Materials Engineering.
Dr. Sara Kadkhodaei is joining CME as an assistant professor of materials engineering. Her research interests include:
- Developing quantitative tools in computational materials science
- Ab-initio thermodynamics and kinetics
- Developing fundamental understanding of new bulk and nano materials
- Diusion process in novel energy materials
- Structure-property prediction with application to energy materials
- Rational materials design
Dr. Matthew Daly is joining the department as an assistant professor of materials engineering. His research interests include:
- Deformation behavior of advanced materials
- Mechanics of nanostructured and 2D materials
- In situ characterization techniques
- Atomistic modeling of deformation processes
- Physical metallurgy
Dr. Sean Vitousek came to CME and made headlines instantly with his research on the potential decimation of Southern California’s beaches.
Now, he is being promoted from research assistant professor to a tenure track Assistant Professor in water engineering.
Learn more about Vitousek at Environmental Fluid Mechanics laboratory.